Monday, August 15, 2011

Weight Issues

So for a while I have had these serious weight issues. For the most part, my weight fluctuates. Here these last few months it has in between 249 and 258. It's time to get it down now. I have tried many things but tend to lose my motivation. Well, I have been re-energized again.... A few things have made me reevaluate what I have been doing wrong. The main three things were A) A buddy of mine from Washington Court House, Brad, has had a significant weight loss. I won't say how much he was and where he is now but I will say that he lost a whopping 75 pounds in 6 months! B) I was looking at some pictures of me from just 2 years ago (when i weighed 207 pounds) and was like WHOA! What a serious difference! Finally, C) When I took a shower today, I noticed this group of stretch marks on my stomach... That really had me like "Uhm... this shit has to stop".

Going Forward
I don't think that I will have as much success as my buddy Brad just because of my job but I am aiming for success this go around. Here are some of the things I had in mind though

1) Dramatically change my eating habits. More fruits and veggies and less meats and sweets. I don't have too much of an issue with the sweets but I love my meat. This will be the most difficult thing to accomplish. I am going to make sure I have my three meals a day but make sure that it's a proper diet. I am going to have to get in the habit to eat every two to three hours small portions of fruit and veggies to increase my metabolism.

2) I am going to have to wean myself away from pop to drinking 100% water. This will be pretty difficult because I have grown so accustom to Mountain Dew... That to me is like coffee to other people. Which brings me to number....

3) Get my proper rest EVERYDAY!! For the most part, I do sleep in between 6 1/2 to 8 hours a day but when I am home, I tend to only rest 4-5 hours a day. That will need to change!

4) Proper Exercise: What I have learned is you cannot diet and not exercise... You cannot exercise and not diet. The two go hand in hand if you want to successfully lose weight. My plan is to at least jog/speed walk no less than 4 1/2 miles at least 3 times a week. I hope to walk twice while at work and at least once while I am at home. I will not limit myself to just three days a week though. It all depends what my work schedule is looking like though.

With those four steps, hopefully I will have success this go around. My goal is to lose 75 pounds in 12 months. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment